Sunday, February 24, 2008

Amagasaka: Nagoya Shop

I know it's been a little heavy on Japanese design discoveries, but there's so much to discover! While searching for more information on Michiko Tachimoto's new work, Janetta World, I came across the website for Amagasaka, a Japanese lifestyle store in the city of Nagoya. Below are some images from the book launch of Janetta World posted on their blog.


The shop's blog is where they keep folks informed of events that they host in their space (related to art, design, cooking, music) and new products offered at their shop. There's also a tea salon! Some beautiful finds from them:

Bird prints from Atsushi Toyama:



And finally, the Netherlands via Japan, Cloissone "Shippo" plates commissioned by Cibone Tokyo, and made by former Droog member, Dutch designer Hella Jongerius. More on her work later.

All photos are from Amagasaka.

2 comments:

Susan said...

I love this post, I'm obsessed at the moment also with japanese design so this adds to my growing links to explore. The "shippo" plates are fantastic. I look forward to seeing more of her work.

Republic of Candy said...

Hi, Susan! I think Japanese design becomes a life-long obsession once hooked. :)